Miss Chera

Monday, April 04, 2005

Spring cleaning

Mr. Chera & I still have to do our taxes! We wait until the last possible moment to get our info to our accountant. I have some of my receipts ready, but I still have a lot of receipts to go through in the next couple of days. I did nothing with the taxes today. ugh!

We opted this weekend to do a little spring cleaning. On Sat. morning, I cleaned the house and did a couple of loads of laundry. Mr. C finally put away the Christmas storage boxes that have been hanging out in the spare bedroom. I put away to small number of Easter decorations, but left all of Lil Darling's drawings on the fridge. We did go shopping over in Louisiana later in the afternoon and evening with my Mom.

Mom is getting around so much better with the walking boot. She is hoping on her next appt. to be able to toss the boot! :O)

Yesterday, we went to the grocery store. We stopped by WalMart to get Lil Darling some new sheets. We are going through a major change of decor for her room. Before she was born, we decided we wanted bright, vibrant colors for her room, bedding, etc. We read bright colors simulate babies. So, we decorated her room in primary colors...right down to her ceiling fan. Luckily, her carpet is blue. Another reason for our choice of primary colors is that I did not like any of the character themes (Winnie, Mickey, etc.), and I was not crazy about the popular trends at the time in children's decorating (Noah's Ark, butterflies). Now that she is a "big" girl, she has decided she wants her room colors to be red & pink. The red works out pretty well since we have the primary color thing going on and we just bought new red sheers and drapes. So, last night she decided on a Dora the Explorer sheet set and comforter. She said it has pink and red in the design. Oh well! Now, we face have a pink & red room with Dora and blue carpet! Mr. Chera said we should change her carpet to red! I think he is crazy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home