Miss Chera

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Sunday visit

On Sunday afternoon, we drove our Mr. Chera's parent's home. We only stayed about two hours. His dad is not doing good.We discovered when we were there that his memory is failing him, and I think he has given up a little more than the last time we saw him. Mr. Chera also sees this. His color is not good, and looks frail. He is losing his hair. He did not remember the name of the town we lived in. He has shortened all of our names, and is speaking much softer than normal. Of course, his mom is a mess, too. She started crying hysterically when we left. Earlier in our visit, I asked her if they had contacted a support group, and she said she did not want to listen to other people's problems with what they are going through at this moment. I think this would help, but you can not force Mr. Chera's parents to do anything. His dad talked a lot about his flowers, and he had some plants that he needed planted. Mr. Chera & I planted them for him.

Mr. Chera is upset, and really does not want to think of losing his dad. But,
I do not think his dad is made for this earth much longer. Cancer sucks!

1 Comments:

At 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, honey. I am so sorry. I do know the pain you are experiencing right now. Hugs from Tennessee to you all!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home